Savvy travelers are not born but created. Thus, you can always learn how to become a savvy traveler, or better, the savviest one. With lots of experience, it is just natural for you to become savvy. Making mistakes at the beginning of your travel experiences is just normal. However, knowing some mistakes before they happen will be advantageous for you. Some mistakes happened during travel including cultural unawareness, recklessness, obliviousness, and many more factors.
Things only savviest travelers do
To become a savvy traveler is like learning by doing. You will only grasp the concept by experiencing it on your own. It is very possible to become the savviest traveler. It is even better if you can speed it up. So here are some tips of how to become a savvy traveler so that you can save money, rest better, and blend more with the locals during your trip:
- Avoid bringing too many stuffs in your suitcase. Instead, pack light. There will be nobody judging you from wearing the same t-shirt for a few days. You see, sometimes the stuffs you brings are not truly needed. Thus, you don’t have to bring too many clothes. This way, you will be able to travel efficiently and swiftly without unnecessary weight on your shoulder.
- Always ready for the financial backup especially when your travel destination is far from your home. You see, the unexpected may happened sometime around your trip. There is possible theft, robbery or simple loss. One thing for sure, you don’t want to get stuck in foreign place without any fund. Thus, it is highly recommended to take extra credit card and extra bank card for your trip.
- Be confident during your travel. It is even better if you are brave enough to travel solo. It is the moment where you can see your own potentials. The way you solve the problems during trip will make you realize that you can learn to be responsible and independent. Travelling alone will be the right moment for you to reflect and think of your life. This is the best for self-discovery. Don’t be afraid to get lost since you can always maps or ask the locals anyway.
- When you are in lines, avoid getting behind families. Instead, you’d better get behind business travelers. They are more efficient and less troubled.
- Get vaccinated before travelling. Many countries require their visitors to get vaccinated before visiting to avoid catching some diseases. This is very important because the disease you might get is life-threatening. Sometimes, the disease are not detected during your trip but the symptoms shown once you are back at home.
- Be a responsible traveler. By being responsible and polite doesn’t mean you lose your savviness. In fact, it just shows how savvy you are as traveler. It is important to have cultural awareness during your trip to foreign places. You also need to learn how to build your patience because cultural differences are not something you need to fight with. It is something you need to respect.